Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Final Personal Reflection

Over the course of the trimester, Technical Communications has taught me many essential working skills such as formal writing, drafting of minutes, and key presentation skills to help put my points across effectively. During class activities, I enjoyed every lesson throughout the trimester which was very interactive, as we always had small pitches and small group discussions towards the end of lessons. We also constantly conducted peer reviews on each other's assignments, so that we were able to learn from each other's mistakes, thus improving our writing skills together. Overall, I enjoyed having active learning in class and was able to improve my communication skills.

Being part of a team to have presented on the presentation showcase, I am glad to be given the opportunity to present to my peers. Although the team was unable to clinch a position in the top three, I am proud of my team for all the hard work that they have put in. I feel that I did not present well enough to meet my own expectations, but my team, as well as the judges, were very nice and understanding. They gave good criticism and feedback which will definitely benefit me in future presentations. Compared to previous presentations that I have given in the past, the presentation showcase had the biggest audience and included many other students with excellent presentation skills from my cohort. This allows me to gain more experience in my public speaking skills and learn from other student's styles of presentation. I believe that this showcase and module urged me to improve my communication skills further and to have better confidence.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Kenneth,

    Thanks very much for this detailed reflection. I'm happy to learn that the interactive instructional approach in the module appealed to you, and that you felt fully engaged by the various activities.

    I'm also happy to learn that you valued the showcase experience. You may not have performed to your expectations, but at least you have had the experience. I appreciate you and your team facing the challenge!

    All in all, you made a very good effort this term. All the best as you continue your learning journey!

    Best wishes, Brad

    ReplyDelete

Final Personal Reflection

Over the course of the trimester, Technical Communications has taught me many essential working skills such as formal writing, drafting of m...